- July 7, 2015
- No Comments
Many home owners assume that for sale by owner (FSBO) listings will ultimately save them money, but in the long run do they really? Statistics have repeatedly shown that homes listed by an experienced agent can be sold for anywhere between $15,000 and $50,000 more than the properties of home owners who attempt to do it themselves. When you calculate the amount of time that it takes to navigate an unfamiliar industry and address a plethora of inquiries from potential buyers, the presumed savings start to diminish. Additionally:
- Home owners are expected to pay fees for a variety of listing platforms when they solicit FSBO. Licensed Realtors at Lime Rock Realty LLC have access to a myriad of different advertising and marketing channels, not only saving you the hassle of listing, but eliminating those costly fees in the process.
- On average, homes listed by a Realtor sell for approximately 25% more than for sale by owners.
- We have a vast understanding for the current real estate market and can help owners identify a competitive price point for an expedited selling process.
- Here at Lime Rock Realty, we have developed a broad network which includes reputable service providers and other area Realtors. Not only do these connections pave the way to reliable maintenance and repairs, but communication with other industry professionals can open more doors to potential buyers.
- Realtors know the most efficient strategies for getting your home sold quickly. A home that sits stagnant on the market is simply taking more money out of the owner’s pocket.
- Real estate agents are proficient and informed about the many strict legalities and complex regulations concerning real estate transactions. Lime Rock Realty can help you protect yourself and your property by ensuring that each step of the selling process is in accordance with national and North Carolina state specific laws.
- Realtors serve as a buffer between various parties if and when negotiations become tense or uncomfortable. Ultimately, they reduce stress levels for property owners and create a more enjoyable and relaxed experience for everyone involved.
- Serious buyers are reportedly more likely to make an offer on a home that has been listed with an agent because they are confident that the most appropriate listing measures have been taken.
You see, listing your home for sale by owner may seem like a good idea at first, but if you explore the amount of time necessary and the myriad of fees associated with an independent listing, a Realtor can not only save you time and money, but can significantly reduce the headaches, hassle, and stress that may result from this complex and labor intensive process.
Listing your home for sale? Contact us today to learn more about how Lime Rock Realty can assist you!